This is an on-call position.
To provide on-site presence to monitor safety and the ability for all to have the peaceful enjoyment of the dwellings. To use de-escalation skills to encourage sound tenant skills and alert appropriate authorities to prevent crisis situations. May deliver face-to-face interaction with authorized clients diagnosed as having chronic and persistent mental illness, emotional and/or co-occurring disorders. This position does not have the purpose of provision of support to the ongoing stability of tenants. Rather, it is there for on-site monitoring of the physical plant and supporting the success of tenants.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Housing
Supervisor, Intensive Outpatient Services Department
- BA degree in Psychology, Social Work or related
field of study and/or one year experience working with populations having
chronic mental illness, emotional disorders and chemical abuse/dependency
- Demonstrates initiative and success in providing
client centered interaction, solution-based approaches to learning, motivation
techniques and positive reinforcement skills.
- Demonstrates patience, creative thinking, good
decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional
- Ability to be organized and keep accurate and timely
- Ability to work independently and as a positive team
- Demonstrates good time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and supportive
within program directives, protocol and parameters.
- Requires a valid WA State driver's license and use
of own vehicle with BHR approved insurance.
- Current WA Registered Counselor at time of hire.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets as scheduled with Housing Supervisor.
- Complete all items according to Garden's Shift
- Monitor property by walking the interior perimeter
(upper and lower) and engaging in
interaction with tenants to determine if safety issue is present.
- Access back-up supports as required to address
issues of safety concern.
- May interact with tenants with understanding that
the role is for building of community and community safety and NOT the delivery
of clinical services.
- Provide required reporting and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds.
- Ability to go up and down stairs.
- Ability to stay alert during nighttime shift hours