aides provide a basic level of general behavioral observation and supervision
of client activities outside clinical sessions at an inpatient recovery
facility for pregnant and parenting women in the BHR Recovery Services Harvest
program. Incumbents participate in
overall treatment programs and related work in an environment where a significant
number of clients have co-occurring disorders (chemical dependency and mental
illness). This is a 24/7 program with shifts that include days, evenings, weekends and on-call.
Services Clinical Manager and/or Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain CAAR (Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration)
- Experience providing chemical dependency and/or mental health services
- Knowledge of child development and appropriate parenting skills
- Ability to assist clients with daily living skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Knowledge of current first aid methods
- Knowledge of de-escalation techniques
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain effective
therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Ability to remain calm and act quickly in emergencies.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a treatment team to provide
recreational and educational therapy programs for clients.
- Ability to develop and write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to effectively use a computer to access information,
complete reports, communicate, complete time reporting, and complete other
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and
Inspector General check.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by
undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Punctual, regular, reliable attendance is
essential for successful job performance.
- It is required that employees declare understanding of and
willingness to comply with the requirement that there be no misuse of
alcohol or drugs while employed.
- Cannot have abused any chemical
substances within one year that would in any way impair or limit ability
to perform this job.
- Ability to work days, evenings,
weekends and be on-call.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in staff meetings, clinical supervision,
and scheduled training as required
- Maintain client records in accordance with BHR
- Adhere to all federal confidentiality
- Adhere to all state and federal confidentiality
- Provides basic level of general behavioral care
- Provides assistance with preparation of meals,
provision of linens, and other basic activities of daily living.
- Works with clinical staff as part of the
treatment team to plan and carry out an overall treatment program for clients.
- Provides first aid and CPR as needed.
- Responsible for documentation/paperwork
concerning services provided, activities and behaviors of clients,
consultations, and coordination/plans that involve care coordinators or therapists.
- Takes direction from COD Clinicians, Mental
Health Professionals, or RNs.
- May be required to assist with housekeeping
- Shift hours may be subject to change to meet the
needs of the program.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to sit for extended period approximately 10% of the time.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time approximately 15%
of the time.
- Ability to look and work at a computer screen approximately 20% of
- Ability to lift 1-5 pounds approximately 25% of the time.
- Ability to lift 15-25 pounds approximately 35% of the time.
- Ability to hear and communicate verbally approximately 100% of the
- Ability to see approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to make rational decisions through logic and deductive
- Ability to reach, twist, and/or turn approximately 10% of the
- Ability to use phone communications approximately 40% of the time.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and climb approximately 4% of the time.
- Drive a vehicle approximately 25% of the time.
- Ability to enter data for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach at shoulder height or lower approximately 30% of