provide comprehensive and consistently high quality intakes for Grays Harbor
County services. To provide medically necessary individual and group
therapeutic services as a part of the adult counseling team.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program
degree in social work, counseling, psychology or other related field, or
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years experience.
given to individuals who qualify as a mental health professional and/or as a
mental health specialist.
be eligible for registration as a counselor by the State of Washington and
obtain registration prior to employment.
pass a criminal background and Inspector General check
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Intake Specialist Duties:
- Will provide comprehensive intakes for adult
counseling, adult case management, children's case management and children's
therapeutic services. This will include
completing all necessary paperwork to get each client tiered for services.
- Will provide transitional services for each intake
until the chart is transferred to a primary case manager. Will attend weekly sub-team triage meetings
to assure a proper transfer of each case.
- Will provide at least (12) two hour dedicated intake
slots each week to the Grays Harbor County team.
- If there are intake slots that are under utilized,
will provide occasional intake services to Thurston County CMHS on an as needed
basis with manager's approval.
- If necessary to provide access to those individuals
who cannot get into the office for an intake, the coordinator will provide
service in the community.
- Provide individual, group and psycho-educational
services to qualified community clients.
Caseload size will be 10-15 clients.
- Will establish and maintain charts on each client in
accordance with BHR standards. This will
include documenting all pertinent data including but not limited to
hospitalizations, crisis situations, health and safety issues and service
- Will meet on a weekly or as needed basis with
clinical supervisor to consult about cases and will thoroughly document this
consultation in accordance with BHR standards.
- Will participate in all required training's and
provide documentation of this training to the human resources department. Will also seek out and attend
training's/workshops that enhance and support the professional, clinical
requirements and needs of the position.
Will put together an annual training plan.
- Will attend and participate in all required clinical
and program meetings on an ongoing basis.
This would include psychiatric consultations, staff meetings, quarterly
division and BHR staff meetings.
- Will also, on an as needed basis, provide
consultation and education to community providers and other BHR programs.
- Will perform other duties as required consistent
with the goals of the position.