maintenance needs for residential sites and office buildings.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Facility Supervisor
- Experience in home and office maintenance/repair
skills include but not limited to be able to operate lawn mower, leaf blower,
weed eater and trimming tools, change HVAC filters and basic computer skills.
Knowledge of using power tools including but not limited to: skilsaw, drills,
tablesaw, chainsaw, pressure washer and air nailers. Have the ability to climb
ladders including extention ladders and crawl in confined areas.
- Experience working with
mental health population and knowledge of local service system a plus.
- Ability to problem solve
with consumers around office home/apartment needs.
- Record keeping and
- Organize and schedule work
assignments for efficient completion each day.
pass criminal background and Inspector General check.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform maintenance at agency sites.
residents in keeping up grounds around the apartments and support recycling
minor office and apartment/housing maintenance
as needed. i.e. plugged toilets, carpet cleaning, jammed windows, wall repair,
painting, lawn mowing, tree and shrub trimming, minor carpentry, etc.
duties as needed.
maintenance staff may work in any and/or all BHR owned/operated buildings and
properties. The work requires significant mobility and agility to complete such
activities as climbing ladders and stairs; crawling into and working in small,
confining spaces; working on rooftops and/or basements; working around and
may be performed outdoors occasionally requireing work in inclement weather at
dirty, wet, noisy, or cramped worksites.
ocassionally involves strenuous physical labor requiring physical dexterity and
- Ability to lift and carry 50 Lbs. 5% of the time.
- Ability to reach/twist, and/or turn approximately 50% of the
- Ability to look at a computer screen approximately 5% of the
- Ability to use phone communications approximately 5% of the
- Ability to walk approximately 95% of the time.
- Ability to sit or stand for an extended period of time
approximately 20% of the time.
- Ability to stoop and bend approximately 40% of the time.
- Ability to climb approximately 10% of the time
to drive a vehicle approximately 25% of the time.