psychiatric nursing care, case management and crisis intervention and therapy
to chronic and acute clients.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nurse Manager
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
- RN with three years minimum experience working with the chronically
- Must possess and maintain a valid
Washington State Driver's License and auto insurance.
- Must pass a criminal
background and Inspector General check.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report directly to, and receive supervision from the medical director nurse manager.
- Serve as primary case manager to clients who are not receiving other
mental health services. This
includes developing crisis plans, individualized treatment plans, and
biannual treatment reviews for clients on your caseload.
- Provide medication checks (assessment for medication effects/side
effects) and associated prescriber consultation for a wide array of BHR
- Provide crisis intervention as needed, including coordination of
transfer of clients on your caseload needing more intensive or emergency
- Assist BHR clients needing to obtain medications through a variety of
Patient Assistance Programs.
- Perform IM injections of psychotropic medication. Help with annual staff "flu"
vaccination program by providing IM injections of vaccine.
- Coordinate refills/medication change orders with pharmacies, clients,
- Triage phone calls received from clients, pharmacies, physicians, and
other care providers. Handle
caller's concern directly if indicated or route to appropriate individual,
this includes answering calls from Nurse help line and responding in a
- Work with the nurse manager to plan and implement relevant services
for client population.
- Participate in agency staff and in-service meetings.
- Participate in program meetings and coordination with other case
management services to provide continuity of care.
- Be familiar with current billing and insurance regulations of Title
XIX and Medicare and fulfill these requirements.
- Maintain client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures,
including documentation needed for timely billing.
- Must be willing to work as needed at any of BHR's office sites in Grays