Provide outreach and early short term intervention
for individuals with mental illness who are at risk of inpatient mental health
hospitalization. Referrals primarily
come from local hospitals but may come from community providers.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Adult
- Mental Health Professional as defined in WAC
- Masters Degree in a social services
discipline or related field.
- License preferred.
- Two years' experience providing services to
severely and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Strong diagnostic and clinical skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to relate in a positive, calming way
to individuals in crisis.
- Ability to create and maintain effective
working relationships across multiple systems.
- Must have great communication skills both
verbally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well
under pressure and triage referrals.
- No criminal history.
- Knowledge of
community housing and other resources is essential.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have reliable transportation and vehicle
- Must pass a criminal background and Inspector
TYPICAL DUTIES &
- Provide crisis intervention and short term case management services for individuals with mental illness to prevent inpatient hospitalization.
- Facilitate enrollment in BHO services with
all individuals who meet access to care standards including completing an
intake for enrollment in BHR services.
- Assist with SSI/SSDI
- Provide linkage to outpatient/chemical
- Provide linkage to community resources for
stabilization in the community.
- Facilitate cross system collaboration for
wrap around client support.
- Provide psycho-education and consultation to hospitals
and emergency departments as needed.
- Complete all documentation in adherence with BHR
- Other duties as assigned to meet job
be able to access and work within buildings that do not meet ADA accessibility