Responsible for administration and implementation of
activities related to human resources functions of BHR.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer
- Bachelor's degree and at least two years of personnel management
- Current knowledge of federal and state laws and
regulations related to employment practices.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies to a variety
- Ability to communicate effectively.
TYPICAL DUTIES &
- Develops and implements procedures for recruitment of
new agency employees using agency non-discrimination and affirmative action
- Meets with managers to discuss staffing needs; develop
job descriptions; establish salaries
- Provides general orientation to all new employees and
ensures compliance with government required record keeping.
- Conducts and participates in research, surveys and
evaluation as related to salary and benefits administration. Makes recommendations for adjustments and
- Conducts job analyses and evaluations of jobs. Prepares job descriptions and job
- Develops procedures and reports related to staff
activities (productivity reports, performance reviews, leave time, disciplinary
- Conducts investigations into complaints of
discrimination and/or harassment.
- Maintains personnel files on agency employees to
assure agency compliance with state and federal employment standards.
- Participates on agency Safety Committee, Benefits
Committee and Staff Development & Training Committee.
- Acts in liaison capacity to union; meets with union
representative on matters of contract interpretation and administration.
- Monitors labor contract provisions; represents agency
in collective bargaining negotiations and implementation of grievance
- Advises agency staff on appropriate procedures for
implementing personnel actions, such as hire, transfer, performance review,
disciplinary action and termination.
- Drafts policy language as necessary for approval by
Board of Directors to assure agency compliance with federal and state employment
- Participates in annual review of personnel policies
with Board of Director; oversees implementation of personnel policies adopted by
the Board; develops procedures to comply with agency personnel policies.
- Attends Board of Directors and appropriate committee
meetings; attends other agency meetings as required.
- Represents BHR at appropriate interagency/community
- Participates in planning process related to agency
goals and objectives and budgeting.
- Other duties as required.