To provide comprehensive and consistently high-quality
intakes to determine eligibility for outpatient services. To provide medically
necessary Brief Therapy services as a part of the Children, Youth, and Family
Services counseling team.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program
degree in social work, counseling, psychology or other related field
Health Professional (MHP) or eligible for MHP at time of hire
for registration as a counselor by the state of Washington and obtain
registration prior to employment
organizational skills to include use of Electronic Health Record software or
equivalent for scheduling, time management, and all clinical documentation
given to candidates with experience diagnosing utilizing the current version of
given to candidates who are licensed in their respective field and/or meet
eligibility criteria to be a Child Mental Health Specialist (CMHS)
to pass a criminal background and Inspector General check.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide comprehensive intakes for Children, Youth,
and Family Services to determine eligibility for outpatient mental health
services. This will include completing
all necessary paperwork to obtain BHO Authorization for services.
- If there are intake slots that are under utilized,
provide intake services for Adult Services with manager's approval.
- If necessary to remove barriers to service, provide intake
services in the community with manager's approval.
- Provide individual, group, and family services to
qualified community clients. Brief
Services are authorized for 3 months at a time.
- Work in collaboration with referral sources,
community service providers, and adjunctive service providers to assess,
develop and facilitate individualized treatment services and ensure continuity
- Maintain client's chart in accordance with WAC and
agency standards. Adhere to agency policy pertaining to documentation and chart
- Participate in all required trainings and provide
documentation of trainings to the human resources department. Seek out and attend trainings/workshops that
enhance and support the professional and clinical requirements and needs of the
- Participate in clinical supervision and psychiatric
consultation on a regular and scheduled basis.
- Attend and participate in all additional required
clinical and program meetings on an ongoing basis.
- Perform other duties as required consistent with the
goals of the position.
- Ability to sit or stand for
at least 2 hours at a time.