Perform the duties of a psychiatric registered nurse under the direction of the Nurse Manager or designee. This is a part time 20 - 24 hours per week position eligible for some prorated benefits.
Compensation: $26.62- $46.97 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse
in the State of Washington, with current CPR certification.
- A BSN with two years minimum experience
working with acute mental illness OR
- RN with three years minimum experience
working with acute mental illness.
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- Able to prioritize and remain flexible
under stressful conditions.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assessment and Planning:
- Completes initial assessment and nursing
- Establishes initial treatment plan.
- Contributes to ongoing treatment plan.
- Seeks contribution of other health
- Assesses patient education needs and
readiness for learning.
- Evaluates lab values - correlates with
- Assesses patient communication/cultural
Delivery of Care:
- Delivers nursing care based on the
- Recognizes and reports all physiological
and behavioral changes in patients.
- Selects intervention which demonstrates
an understanding of cause and effect.
- Is flexible to the changing needs of the
- Administers medication according to
- Provides 1:1 patient education.
- Accurately transcribes medical staff
orders in a timely manner.
- Treats medical record as a confidential
and legal document.
- Documentation of patient progress is
accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Documents accurately on MAR
- Documents patient teaching and nursing
- Completes ITA documentation (med rights,
- Collects data, completes quality