Recovery aides provide a basic level of general behavioral observation and supervision of client activities outside clinical sessions at an inpatient recovery facility for pregnant and parenting women in the BHR Recovery Services Harvest program. This is a 24/7 program with shifts that include days, evenings, weekends and on-call.
Compensation: $15.09 - $19.79 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Recovery Services Clinical Manager and/or Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain CAAR (Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration)
- Experience providing chemical dependency and/or mental health services is preferred.
- Knowledge of child development and appropriate parenting skills preferred.
- Ability to assist clients with daily living skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Knowledge of current first aid methods
- Knowledge of de-escalation techniques
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Ability to remain calm and act quickly in emergencies.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a treatment team to provide recreational and educational therapy programs for clients.
- Ability to develop and write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to effectively use a computer to access information, complete reports, communicate, complete time reporting, and complete other job duties.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and Inspector General check.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Punctual, regular, reliable attendance is essential for successful job performance.
- It is required that employees declare understanding of and willingness to comply with the requirement that there be no misuse of alcohol or drugs while employed.
- Cannot have abused any chemical substances within one year that would in any way impair or limit ability to perform this job.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and be on-call.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in staff meetings, clinical supervision, and scheduled training as required
- Maintain client records in accordance with BHR standards.
- Adhere to all federal confidentiality regulations.
- Adhere to all state and federal confidentiality regulations.
- Provides basic level of general behavioral care to clients.
- Provides assistance with preparation of meals, provision of linens, and other basic activities of daily living.
- Works with clinical staff as part of the treatment team to plan and carry out an overall treatment program for clients.
- Provides first aid and CPR as needed.
- Responsible for documentation/paperwork concerning services provided, activities and behaviors of clients, consultations, and coordination/plans that involve care coordinators or therapists.
- Takes direction from COD Clinicians, Mental Health Professionals, or RNs.
- May be required to assist with housekeeping responsibilities.
- Shift hours may be subject to change to meet the needs of the program.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to sit for extended period approximately 10% of the time.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time approximately 15% of the time.
- Ability to look and work at a computer screen approximately 20% of the time.
- Ability to lift 1-5 pounds approximately 25% of the time.
- Ability to lift 15-25 pounds approximately 35% of the time.
- Ability to hear and communicate verbally approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to see approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to make rational decisions through logic and deductive processes.
- Ability to reach, twist, and/or turn approximately 10% of the time.
- Ability to use phone communications approximately 40% of the time.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and climb approximately 4% of the time.
- Drive a vehicle approximately 25% of the time.
- Ability to enter data for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach at shoulder height or lower approximately 30% of the time