Full Time Children, Youth, and Family Care Coordinator provides a broad range of therapeutic services in a managed care environment. Therapeutic services to be provided will include community support oriented case management and coordination of individualized service teams. Adjunctive services may include issue specific and psycho-educational groups and in-home behavioral skills enhancement.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Manager
- BA/BS in social work, psychology or closely related field
- Prefer two years experience providing case management or counseling services to emotionally disturbed children and their families.
- Knowledge and experience with community support model.
- Previous experience working as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Familiarity with children's service systems and a collaborative community treatment approach.
- Willingness to learn and implement a community support model.
- Must pass a criminal background and Inspector General check
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in collaboration with referral sources, community service providers, and CMHS adjunctive service providers to assess, develop and facilitate individualized treatment services and ensure continuity of care.
- Provide a broad range of medically necessary therapeutic services within the framework of a community support model. Services may be provided in agency sites, schools, homes and other community settings as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with children's multi-disciplinary team. Manage individual and shared client caseloads per agency guidelines, develop services appropriate to a community based service model and participate in the management of program resources within a managed care framework.
- Develop 24-hour crisis plans for assigned children. Provide crisis response to individual caseload during the regularly scheduled workday.
- Maintain clients' charts in accordance with WAC and agency standards. Adhere to agency policy pertaining to documentation, chart maintenance and other required paperwork.
- Participate in clinical supervision and psychiatric consultation on a weekly basis.
- Attend all team meetings including business meetings and case reviews. Attend individual service team meetings a negotiated with treatment team.
- Other duties as needed to fulfill the goals of Children, Youth, and Family Outpatient Services.